E-file IRS Form 1099-PATR Online for 2022 Tax Year
What is a 1099 PATR?
Form 1099-PATR is an important form that reports the cooperative and business income of taxpayers' tax returns during a particular tax year. Taxpayers would receive Form 1099-PATR if in the previous year were paid at least $10 in patronage dividends and other distributions by a cooperative as described in the Internal Revenue Code (IRS). The IRS requires that all income, deductibles, penalties, or expenses are reported by businesses and individuals.
Distributions from cooperatives passed through to their patrons including any domestic production, activities, deduction, and certain pass-through credits. 1099 PATR forms must be mailed to recipients by February 15th and e-filed with the IRS by March 31st each year.
How to File Form 1099-PATR?
- Box 1: Patronage Dividends
- Box 2: Nonpatronage Distributions
- Box 3: Per-Unit Retain Allocations
- Box 4: Federal Income Tax Withheld
- Box 5: Redeemed Nonqualified Notices
- Box 6: Section 199A(g) Deduction
- Box 7: Qualified Payments
- Box 8: Section 199A(a) Qualified Items
- Box 9: Section 199A(a) SSTB Items
- Box 10: Investment Credit
- Box 11: Work Opportunity Credit
- Box 12: Other Credits and Deductions
- Box 13: Specified Cooperatives
*Patronage dividends and other distributions are reported on Schedule C Form 1040, This form is used to report profits or losses from the business. Schedule F Form 1040 reports profits or losses from Farmers, and Form 4835 is used for Farm Rental Income and Expenses.
Who Must File 1099 PATR?
Cooperatives file form 1099 PATR, for taxable distributions received for each person to whom the cooperative has paid at least $10 in patronage dividends and other distributions described in section 6044 (b) or from whom the filer withheld any federal income tax under the backup withholding rules regardless of the amount of the payment.
1099 PATR Form is often used to
- Report dividends associated with farms.
- Show the taxpayer's share of the deduction
- File federal income tax withheld in connection with a cooperative.
1099-PATR Form obtains three copies of the form the first copy will be for the IRS the second copy is for the recipient and the last copy is for the payer. Tax2efile is equipped to help you handle numerous filing requirements and we will be happy to help you do your filing. We also offer to print and mailing services to complete the process for you.
When is the Deadline to File Form 1099-PATR?
|Filing Type ||Deadline |
|Recipient copy ||January 31st |
|IRS Paper Filing ||February 28th |
|IRS Electronic Filing ||March 31st |
Note: If the due date/deadline falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or federal holiday, the filer will need to E-file on the next business day.